The 2017 information return opens for submissions on 14 August - 30 September 2017.
The AFA information return is an online tool that each authorised financial adviser (AFA) must complete and submit annually. It consists of a series of questions about AFAs, their business, their compliance approach and their approach to continuing professional development.
The information return is a reporting requirement contained within the regulatory reporting guide (RRG). The RRG sets out the periodic and other reporting, accounting and notification requirements for AFAs as required under the standard conditions.
The information return provides us with important details about AFAs, so we can:
- better understand your business and the financial adviser services you offer
- ensure the information we have on your business is current
- focus our future monitoring activities more effectively.
To complete your information return you will need:
We also recommend before starting you:
- familiarise yourself with the questions and guidance for each question
- start collating that information
- review our FAQs.
Get started now
To login please follow the steps below:
- Click on www2.e-services.fma.govt.nz/. If clicking on the link does not take you to the website please copy or type the link on your browser and open it.
- Click 'Login' at the top right corner of the screen.
- On the next screen in the white box, type in your RealMe login details. As this will be the first time you have logged into our new online system, you will you will asked to create a new profile which includes your name, email address and phone number.
- On the next screen click on ‘All Forms’, then ‘AFA Information Return 2016/2017’. This will take you through to the start of the questions. Please note, there are no fees associated with this form.